- 2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) (butter at room temperature )
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour)
- 1 ½ teaspoons
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Beat the butter at high speed until lighter in color and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat at medium speed until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the mashed banana. In other bowl sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the batter, mixing just until combined well. (If you want, can add chocolate chips and mix it well).
Heat the oven to 350* F.Pour the batter into the greased pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.