One of the famous chats in India..As summer is hitting hard..trying to make some simple and light meals or snack.
- 10-12 Papadi (used cumin flavored flat poories)
- 1 Potato (boiled & mashed)
- 1/4 cup Chick peas (boiled & mashed)
- 3/4 cup Curd (well beaten)
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- Few pinch Red chili powder
- Few pinch Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sev
- Few bunches coriander leaves
- 1-2 tsp Tamarind Chutney
- 1-2 tsp Green chutney.
In a bowl add mashed chick peas, potato, red chili powder, cumin powder, chat masala, salt and mix every thing well. Beat the curd with little salt and sugar and set it aside for a while.
In a serving plate place the papdi/ poories, spoon full the above made chick peas masala on each poories. Pour curds , and garnish with all the garnishing ingredients.
- Keep the beaten curd in refrigerator for 8-10 minutes so that you can enjoy the cold and chat pata chat!!
- I have used home made Cumin flavored flat poories. You can you regular papadi from the store bought.
- Adjust the curd and other maslas according to your taste.