This Mediterranean recipe is from made with scratch like soaking, roasting.. Ingredients are very simple and made with easy available ingredients at home.
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas (dried)
- 1/4 cup of Spinach (fresh chopped)
- 1/5 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (or more per taste)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt as Pepper as per taste.
- Pinch of Red chili powder
- Pinch of Cumin powder
- Few string of Coriander leaves
- Lemon Wadges.
Soak the dried chick peas in the water for 24 hrs. Roast the sesame seeds on low flame till they are little brown and set it aside.
In a pressure cooker,cook the soaked chickpeas , garlic with 1 whistle. Let it cool and wash the chickpeas with cold water. In a blender add these chickpeas and garlic, cumin seeds, salt, spinach, coriander, lemon juice, salt and extra virgin olive oil and some cooked water from chick pea and blend it nice paste.(coarse or smooth as per liking)
Serve chilled or room temperature and drizzle more oil and have with pita, fresh vegetables or just with crackers...
- You can saute the spinach in oil (till they turn soft)before adding to the blender.