This month I am celebrating my blog's 2nd anniversary and this is my 250th post. I can't believe I came so far..started this blog to just store some recipes but it has been much more than that.
I want to say " Thank you to all my blogger friends, non blogger friends, reader, great chefs, and strangers, for amazing 2 yrs of journey. I hope you all will keep visiting my blog and post valuable comments & your encouragement & supports is really appreciated.
Best thing of blogging is I am able to connect with amazing friends like you!
This is my 250th post with one the famous chats from Indian Street food. Masala poori is made of peas gravy and garnished with fresh vegetables like carrot and tomato. Its served warm so good for winter season too.
- 12-15 Pooris (home made / store bought)
- 1 cup Green Peas (see the notes)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seed powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Tamarind Chutney
- Chat masala as per taste
- Salt to taste
For garnishing :
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup Sev (small sev)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Few coriander leaves (chopped)
- Tamarind Chutney and Green Chutney
Take the half cup peas and mash them with little water. Keep a side other half un mashed peas. Heat the pan with oil, add onion and saute till they turn light brown color. Add ginger & garlic paste and saute for few minutes. Add mashed peas, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and water. Stir for few minutes, add rest of the peas, tamarind chutney, chat masala, water salt to taste. Cook till as desired consistency.
To assemble: Place the poories on plate make small holes on the poori. Pour above made peas masala all over the pooris. Garnish all the garnishing ingredients. Pour some Tamarind Chutney and Green Chutney
Serve masala poori immediately.
- Used frozen green peas @ room temperature. You can use dried peas soak them overnight and cook till they are tender.
- Before serving shred the carrot, because they turn brown very fast.
- Cook the peas masala not to watery not too thick. Just the pooris soaked in the masala.
- The frozen peas where little sweet, so adjust the tangy, hot and salt to your taste.