Happy Makar Sankranti to all my blogger friends and readers. This is a sweet dish made from wheat flour and consists no oil, no ghee. Its healthy and filling. It's very old and authentic dish from Karnataka & Maharashtra.
Ingredients for dough:
- 1 cup Wheat flour (chapati hittu/atta)
- 1/2 cup Besan
- 2 tsp Rice flour
- Little salt
- Jaggery as per taste
- Cardamom seed powder
- 2-3 tsp Daliya/ Putane (dry roasted)
- 2-3 tsp Dry coconut (dry roasted)
- 1-2 tsp Sounf / Aniseed (dry roasted)
- Dry fruits -Cashewnuts, Raisins.(optional)
Mix the wheat flour, besan, rice flour, salt and knead the dough.(not too soft dough). Immediately start rolling like chapati but no folds,just a big circle and little thicker then normal chapti. Dry roast on tava both the side. Let them sit for a while.
Make small pieces chapti and put into mixer and make coarse powder. In a bowl add above made coarse wheat flour, add jaggery, cardamom powder, daliya/putane, sounf / aniseed and dry fruits. Give an nice mix to it.
Serve with ghee or with warm milk.
- This can stay for 4-5 days.
- As per original recipe, Use whole wheat grains, split bengal gram and raw rice which is floured in the flour miller then its used. Or you can you the flours as I have used.