Its simple and easy to make. Its used for most of the pasta and pizza dish as a basic tomato sauce. Wishing all my blogger friends Happy Women's Day.
- 1 can of Tomatoes (diced /crushed)
- 2 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (mix of all dry leaves)
- 1/4 tsp Basil leaves (dry/ fresh)
- 2-3 tsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 3-4 tsp Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper as per taste.
Heat the pan with oil, add onion and fry till they turn light brwon. Add garlic and fry till light brwon. Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and mix it well. Add red chili flakes, Italian seasoning salt , pepper and mix it well. Cook for 5 minutes or so. Add water and cook fro 15-20 minutes.(if you don't like chunky then smash a bit at this point). Sauce starts thicken and tomatoes are cooked. Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Make ahead and keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Take the cooked pasta and toss in them in above made tomato sauce. Ready to serve..