No onion & Garlic but very simple dish to have with roti/ rice.
- 2 cups Green beans (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Chana dal / yellow split chickpeas
- 2 tsp Urad dal / black gram
- 2-3 Dry red chilies
- Few Curry leaves
- Few pinch of Hing /asafetida
- 1 tsp Rasam powder / Garam Masala powder.
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2-3 tsp Oil.
Heat the pan wit oil, add cumin seed, mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow them to splutter. Add chana dal, urad dal and fry for few minutes. Add coconut and fry for 1 minute or so. Add green beans , rasam powder, hing, salt and mix everything well. Add little water so that beans are cooked.
Let all the water evaporate.
Add coriander leaves and serve hot.