- 1 cup Tofu cubes (soy cheese) (drained)
- 1 cup Green Bell Paper (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger n Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Kasuri mehti (optional)
- 3 tsp Oil + pan frying
- Salt to taste
- few Coriander leaves
Pan fry the tofu cubes till they turn light brown. Heat the pan with oil, add cumin seed let them splutter. Add onion, ginger n garlic paste, pepper and fry till they are soft. Add turmeric, red chili powder, kasuri methi and fry for 3-4 minutes.Add tomatoes, tomato paste and cook for few minutes. Add pan fried tofu, salt and little water and cook for 8-10 minutes or till everything cooked well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot roti/ chapati. You can also see the recipe of Paneer Jalfrezi
- Tofu need to be drained well before pan frying as it contains lot of water.
- Its very soft in texture so do not flip often while pan frying. On medium heat it might take 8-10 minutes each side to get brwon color.
- Tofu can crumble if its not handled well.