- 2 cups Gobi/ Cauliflower (used frozen)
- ½ cup All purpose flour/ Maida
- 1 ½ tsp Rava (for crispiness)
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- Oil for deep fryingFor Masala / Sauce
- 3-4 Green Chilies or Capsicum (sliced)
- 1 Onion(thinly sliced)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Soya sauce (more or less as per taste)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato sauce (used Maggie hot & sweet) (more or less as per taste)
- 1 Tbsp Red chili sauce (more or less as per taste)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Coriander leaves chopped (optional)
- Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
In bowl add maida, rava, black pepper powder, salt and make a smooth barter by adding little water (like pakoda consistency) and keep it a side.De froze (bite size), the cauliflower in microwave as per the instruction on the package and dry them on pepper towel. (try to dry completely)
Heat the oil on medium heat for deep frying. Dip these dried cauliflower in the maida barter and fry till the golden color or bit crispy. Let them sit on a pepper towel for a while.
Heat the pan on low to medium , add oil , add garlic , ginger, green chilies and fry for a minute or so. Add onion and fry till they get golden color. Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chili sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add some water and cook till every thing is well blended and cooked. Turn off the heat and add fried cauliflowers. Mix it well. Leave for 5-8 minutes in the sauce so that it absorbs all the liquid.
Garnish with Coriander leaves & Spring onions.Serve hot.
- If using fresh cauliflower: Cut into small pieces (bite size). In boiling water cook these till they are tender (not mushy). Dry them on paper towel.
- If the sauce turns too watery: Add 1 tsp All purpose flour (Maida) or ½ tsp Cornstarch to sauce so that it thickens a bit.