The Palak paneer (dry) made with cashew-nuts, paneer and palak. This is very thick, healthy and rich indeed..:)
- 1 bunch fresh Spinach / Palak
- 1 cup Paneer / Cottage Cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 3/4 cup Onion (very finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1-2 Green chilies
- 2 Tbsp Cashew-nuts (soaked in water for 1 hrs)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste.
In a blender add washed spinach, soaked cashew-nuts, green chilies, ginger and very little water to make paste. (i like little coarse paste) Let it sit for a while.
Heat the pan with oil, add cumin seeds, allow them to splutter. Add onion and tomatoes and fry till they turn brown. Add above made paste, cream and fry till the gravy starts thickens. Add paneer cubes, salt, garam masala, chili powder and gently mix everything well. Cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat and cover with lid and let lid for 10 minutes.
Serve palak paneer with Chpati / Naan.Palak Paneer / Spinach & Cottage Cheese Curry (dry) goes to Reshmi's Veggie/ Fruit of the month-spinach event which was started by Priya.