I love the idea of puff pastry..Its so easy to make with any kind of fillings! I loved the peas with mint flavor. Mint bring nice flavor puffs.
- 1 Puff pastry sheet (store bought) (at room temperature)
- 1 Cup Green Peas (frozen at room temperature)
- 2-3 tsp Fresh Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion ( finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste.
Heat the pan with oil, add cumin seed let them splutter, add 1 tsp mint leaves , onion and fry till onion turn light brown color. Add peas, ginger paste , red chilies powder, turmeric powder and left mint leaves , coriander leaves and fry for few minutes. turn of the heat and let it cool completely.
Put some Ap flour on surface and cut the pasty sheets into 4 to 6 squares. Spoonful the above made peas filling. Close the edges of pastry sheet as triangular or square as you like. Press it gently and seal it.
Bake as per the instruction on the puff pastry box till golden color on both the side.
Serve hot with Green / Tamarind chutney / ketchup.
- While baking keep eye on it or they burn easily.
- If you don't see the golden brown on surface side then just flip and bake for few minutes.
- While closing the edges, apply water so that they will not open while baking.
- Brush some butter to baking sheet so that they wont stick to the bottom.