- 1/4 cup Uncooked Rice (used basmati rice)
- 2 tsp Ghee/ tup
- 2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few dry fruits (used almond, cashewnuts)
- Sugar as per taste
Heat heavy bottomed pan with ghee, add uncooked rice and fry for 2 minutes or so. Add milk and bring to boil. Stir continuously. Let the milk reduce to half of its volume.Once the rice is almost cooked add sugar, dry fruits, cardamom powder and mix it well. Now it will be thick and creamy.
Serve Hot or Cold with Onion pakoda.
- Make sure your stir constantly when milk is boiling other wise rice and milk will burn or stick to bottom or may create lumps too.
- Once the rice is cooked mash with masher so you get more thick kheer.
- Kheer will continue thickens as it cools.