- Small can Pineapple chunks, drained, OR 1 whole Pineapple
- 2 Cups Rice (cooked and cooled)
- 2 Shllots sliced
- 2-3 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger ( finely chopped) (optional)
- 2-4 Green Chillies (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilies powder
- 1 Carrot (shredded or chopped)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup Raisains (used dole's plumper & moister)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 2 Spring onions chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Salt to taste.
I have used mixed vegetables ( carrots, peas, beans)
In a frying pan put oil and turn on midum high heat. add shllots, garlic , green chillies and fry for a 2 minutes. Add carrots, peas, cashew nuts, rains and fry till tey get tender. Add soya souce, curry powder, red chilies powder and stir for minute or so. Now add pineapple chunks (some pinnaple juice if any) and for3-4 minutes.
Once its nicely cooked then cooked rice (should be dry but not mushy and chunks), salt. Keep low heat and mix genetly , cook about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and led the vesel for10-12 minutes so that rice absorbs all liquid.
Garnish with coriander and spring oninons.
Note: Soya sauce inculdes salt, do check the reqirement of salt as per taste. Cooked rice is used but it tastes good when rice is 1 day old or so...
For nice presentation use the pineapple.
This Recipe goes to Chaitra's Rice Feast @ Aathidhyam