- 1 cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/2 Cup split Moong daal (soaked)
- 1/ 4 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ Ajwan seeds(carom seed)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds /powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Re chili powder (more or less)
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Mix the flours, ajwan, salt and baking powder and make smooth dough. (as we prepare for puries)
Soak the split moon daal atlest for 1 hr or so. Grand theses soaked moong daal. Heat the pan with 2 tsp oil, add cumin seeds, funnel seeds and grinded spilt moon dal. Add red chilli powder, garam masala. Cook till it turns dry.
Now everything is ready. Start with rolling small ball of equal size of dough, and stuff the mixture. Seal the edges well. Heat the oil and fry the balls till it turns brown.
Serve hot with Tamarind chutney and Green Chutney.
Note: Grind the daal with little water if necessary. Dot make smooth paste. Let it be little chunks.