This is my version of Vegetarian Hog..
- 2 Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Peas (frozen)
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Bread crumbs (to dip the potato rolls)
- 1/2 cup Corn meal (for coating)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Hot dog Buns
- Salt as per taste.
Mix the corn flour with water and make a dropping consistency. Keep the bread crumbs in plate and keep it a side.
In a bowl combine boiled and mashed potatoes, carrot, peas , all purpose flour, red chili powder salt, coriander leaves and mix everything well. Make long potato rolls as shown in pic.
Dip these rolls in corn meal then bread crumbs. Heat the pan and pour some oil, place these patties and fry all the side of rolls for 5-7 minutes or till golden color.
Repeat this with remaining rolls.
Once all the potato rolls are ready, Take the buns and open it. Fill in with Green filling , cheese and place the potato roll inside. Apply mustard sauce and Tomato/ chili sauce.
Serve hot with Onion rings.
Green Filling / Spread :
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (shredded) (optional)
- 1 cup Lettuce leaves (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper as per taste.
In a blow mix all the ingredients and keep it in fridge for 15 minutes or so.
Note: While making the potato rolls if its to dry mixture then add very little water so that it holds the shape. (potatoes, carrots contains water) so be careful if you are adding water.