Badang is made of puffed rice/ Chunmuri. Its evening tea time snack at my native place. This is one of the oldest street food!
- 5-6 cups Puffed rice ( chrmuri)
- 1/4 Peanuts (roasted)
- 1/4 cup Dalia (putane) (roasted)
- 1-2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Sugar as per taste (powdered sugar)
- Salt as per taste.
Heat the sauce pan with oil, add cumin & mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow them to splutter. Add garlic paste, peanuts, dalia and fry for few minutes. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, hing , salt and turn of the heat. Add puffed rice and mix it with tadaka. It takes time to coat the oil all over the puffed rice. Gently mix it. Sprinkle powdered sugar, cumin powder and mix it.
Let it cool completely. Serve with Bhaji /pakoda or just with mixed Sev/pharsana.
- While tempering keep very low flame other, otherwise the masala will burn fast.
- If Puffed rice are soft, then dry roast them on low flame. This will help to keep them churchy.
Or Try bhadang with chopped Onion, Tomatoes, Coriander leaves and Lime juice.