- 1 large red Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen Corn kernels
- 1 cans Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4-5 Garlic cloves ( minced)
- 2 Jalapeno
- 1 cans vegetable stock*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Corn tortillas/ Wheat tortillas
- Salt to taste
In a large pot add olive oil, onion, garlic, jalapeno and cumin seeds and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add corn, kidney beans ,vegetable stock*, salt and cilantro. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Top soup with Tortilla strips and Cheese.
*Variation: I have added Carrot (finely chopped) and Tomato soup’s instead of vegetable stock and cooked till they get tender and grind everything in the grinder by adding little water. Again transferred this grinded paste to pan and cooked for 5 minutes or till desired consistency.