- 1 Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- A pinch of Asafeotida / hing
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Channa dal (split check pea)
- 5-6 dry Red chilies
- ¼ tsp Termeric powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut ( fresh Shredded)
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste .
Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, red chilies and curry leaves. Allow mustard to splutter. Add onion and fry till it turns brown and tender. Add the cabbage, termeric powder, salt to taste and sprinkle some water and cover and
cook till cabbage is done. Add the coconut and hing mix it well.
Garnish with coriander leaves
Serve hot with Chapati & Rice.
Note: Can add Lemon juice to cabbage upkari before serving.