Today I am very happy to share my 200th post with you all. Thank you all so much for your lovely encouraging and motivational comments. Almost one and half year back I started my blogging just to store and share all those recipes which I learnt mainly from my Mother.
Today I want to announce the Mother’s Day Event. I know all of us love our mother so much that we want to share something or dedicate something to our goddess अन्नपूर्णे (meaning full of food) सदापूर्णे (ever-complete) mother.
Here is opportunity where you can share your feelings by participating Mother’s Day cooking celebration.
You might be thinking what’s the theme? It’s very simple but very meaningful theme.
- Cook your favorite dish that you want to dedicate to your mother.
- Cook a dish that you learnt from your loving mother.
- Cook your mother favorite dish.
- Cook a dish that you want to celebrate for mother’s day with your twist.
- Cook a dish that has lots of memories to it and you always cherish it.
- Or just cook something which makes you feel happy.
1. Any Vegetarian dish
2. Old entries please repost with link to this announcement.
3. From 4th April to 10th May 2010 (You can send recipes on Mother’s day)
4. Please send the following information :-
- Your Name
- Your Blog Name
- Recipe Name
- Recipe URL
- Picture of the Dish
5. Mail me at email@example.com (maximum 2 recipes per person)
6. Round up will be On 10th May 2010 (Next day of MOTHER’S DAY)
Very excited to see your recipes!!
Now coming to My 200th Post is Amrakhand.It very famous sweet make with Yogurt and Fresh Mango.
Amrakhand recipe is very simple and easy to make.
- 3 cups Yogurt
- 1 Mango (ripe)
- 3 Tbsp Dry fruits (pistachios, almonds)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Few Saffron threads
- Sugar as per taste.
In a cotton towel or cheese cloth put the yogurt , squeeze water and hang the bundle of yogurt for 12 hrs. In a blow add this strained yogurt which thick and soft yogurt. In a small bowl add milk and saffron and let dissolve for 10 minutes. Add sugar, cardamon powder, dry fruits , mango pulp to strained yogurt and mix it well.
Add saffron milk and gently mix everything till you get creamy texture.
Keep in in the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs.
Serve amrakhand chilled. Garnish dry fruits , fresh mango cubes (optional) and serve with Poori or just have like desert!